The surge in number of smartphones is leading to frantic growth of mobile apps as well as supplementary services. Lots of innovations are taking place on a regular basis. The success or failure of the mobile app depends upon the experience and expectations of its users. And not just that a lot of times it is completely dependent on how the app has been made.
Before getting a deep knowledge of Agile methodology, one needs to understand this process that whether any type of useful application is installed on the mobile device, needs hard work in terms of development, designs, ideas, at least an implementation of one programming language, text content, testing, building and many other types of jobs to deal with.
Now, talking about the Agile methodology, it is a product development concept in which the exhaustive process is isolated into different development cycles. This process allows simplifying the mobile app development in order to make them adaptable. The Agile methodology enables solutions and requirements to advance through the mixed effort of the customer and development team. It literally promotes an evolutionary development, adaptive planning, continuous improvements and early delivery. This flexible and iterative approach can be acquired in complex projects where the demands and requirements of the customer change rapidly.
This overall process demands high customer engagement to fulfill the requirements of the clients at each step and their individual feedback after every step. Literally, it is beneficial in such projects where the clients commit to engage in associated articulation time to time.
Process of Agile Methodology
The Agile methodology is considered as one of the most productive proposals to the business software development which establishes the coordinated work of professionals and the interminable communication of customer and team members. By the end of their meeting, a working model is prepared to check its feasibility. The customer demands its requirements in that particular app, then there comes a time when they conquer a deal between each other about the time period, amount and different services and facilities that the development team will provide.
Regular meetings between them are held in order to talk about adding the latest features in that app.
When the process of the app development comes at the end, a test for app marketability and feasibility is done to estimate and analyze whether that particular app has a value or not. Many development teams offer different services for the mobile application to the customers. The customer finalizes the agreement by accepting that mobile app from the team. In the overall process, the companies or the development teams provide on-going deliveries of the app modules within some weeks. Even that particular customer has the flexibility to demand any type of modifications and changes at certain stages of development that is meant to be quite necessary to meet the demands of rapidly changing markets.
Basically, the mobile apps live their possible life on different types of operating systems beyond a large variety of devices. So, as a result, a transverse testing process is dominant in terms of leading towards the success of a mobile app. The major process to each type of testing is an impression of cooperation and participation between mobile designs, testers and the development team.
Testing Process in Agile Methodology
In the agile methodology, the testing process is captious to agile development and design that particularly allows the developers and app designers to work intimately with the end users to apprehend how their application will be utilized. It also coordinates the designers to build an app across all types of mobile devices.
Relationship between Customer and Project Development Team
It is mandatory for the product owner to maintain an interaction with the development team at a constant rate. In this process, the scrum master pretends like a mediator who takes care of the proceedings and watches the development team ensuring whether they are following the methodology in a proper way or not. He has a task to organize the activities regarding development to utilize all processes in an effective touch. In the agile methodology, the development team has the right to complete the task and acquire the best techniques and tools to achieve targeted activities and objectives. The Agile methodology allows limiting down a large number of demands and requirements into convenient chunks that enables proper utilization of resources.
The classical attitude of this process is that the development itself never desist. The proper development team of the Agile methodology will always try to improve their app and will make efforts to make some updates after the app gets launched. In this activating nature of the mobile software, and incremental and agile approach is considered to be the best practice for the producers regarding mobile applications. Every mobile application requires an attractive design. That’s why it is mandatory for the development to bring some effective design in it to make them more attractive.
Benefits and Advantages
* The Agile methodology is one of the most frequent and suitable tasks to relate to the small projects that cater to the clients whose requirements might be highly variable or moderate.
* At the end of iteration, the working software is conveyed to the market at a frequent rate.
* There are possible chances in the agile methodology like adding features and making different types of changes in the application at any time of its development process.
* More significance is deposited upon people and communication rather than on results and tools.
* Continuous interaction between consumer and developer leads to better results and good collaborations.
* According to a source, near about 52% IT developers are consuming this model in different forms.
* It contains a team-based approach.
* Testing can be done at any level or stage.
* It has become one of the popular methodologies in the application development circle.
* Well praised and uplifted for its high flexibility, parallel testing, and rapid development.
* it is a discerning approach for the mobile app development.
Why Agile Methodology for Mobile App Development?
This methodology was formulated 15 years ago. Since then it proved to be the best functional, effective and relevant for the mobile apps. It is the basis of productivity in different IT sectors in all over the world. It is important for the development team to understand the approach and demands of their clients to work more effectively on their respective projects.
One of the key qualities contains:
1. Consistent supply of admired customer software.
2. Constant delivery of the elements of the project software.
3. Reliable conditions of working for both customer and developers.
4. Both have an independent opportunity to maintain and control the pace of work.
5. Contains a close contact throughout the project between these individuals.
6. Constant control and contact provide suitable possibilities for constant improvement of the product.
7. Provides high-quality application of working.
8. Those teams who are self-organized often provide better results as compared to a large team at particular tasks.
9. Development team produces frequent delivery of the software at regular intervals. Technical excellence is its driving force.
10. The preferred mode of interaction in Agile methodology is a face-to-face communication where both the individuals can talk independently on a particular project that provides a sign of trust and support.
With the help of all such qualities mentioned above, one can undertake the agile methodology as the superior product regarding the development of mobile applications.
Promatics is an ISO 9001:2008 certified offshore web and mobile application development company with a strong team of 100+ highly skilled IT experts delighting SMEs across USA, Europe and APAC. Our services and solutions help clients to achieve tangible business value and remain competitive in today’s evolving marketplaces.